Portions of the pedestrian sidewalk and roadway on the east side of Coxwell Avenue will be closed December 9 - 24 (approx.) due to City of Toronto work within the area. Pedestrians and vehicular traffic are asked to please follow onsite safety signage.
X-ray is a very important diagnostic tool and one of the oldest forms of diagnostic imaging. It is used to create images of the body's internal structures. X-ray exams are performed by medical radiation technologists. X-ray is used to detect abnormalities in bones, lungs and other internal structures.
Most x-rays do not require appointments; walk-ins are accepted between 7:30 a.m. - 4 p.m. Monday to Friday.
- Skeletal or Metastatic Surveys (appointment needed)
- Upper Gastrointestinal Exams (appointment needed)
- Arthrogram – Joint Examination (appointment needed)
- Hystersalpingogram – examination of uterus and fallopian tubes (appointment needed)
- Fluoroscopy (appointment needed)
Appointments and Referrals
We are here to support you. You may reach us at 416-469-6401 (the main DI line) from 7:30 a.m. to 4 p.m.
If you require assistance outside of regular business hours, you may choose one of the following options:
- Leave a voice mail message at 416-469-6401
- Send us an email at @email
What to expect
The risk of radiation is known to be extremely low in modern x-ray facilities. However, if you are pregnant or think you might be pregnant, you should speak to your healthcare professional to assess the benefits, risks and your specific needs before having an x-ray.