COVID-19 vaccines are not available to the general public at this time, as per Phase One of the Ontario Government’s Vaccination Implementation Plan. Click here for information on COVID-19 vaccine administration for target populations.
The Chest Centre (Respirology)
The Chest Centre at Michael Garron Hospital (MGH) is a multi-disciplinary clinic that cares for patients with lung and chest diseases. Our services include:
- Broad diagnostic testing.
- Sleep studies.
- Minor surgeries.
Our clinic has Lung Specialists (Respirologists) and Chest Surgeons (Thoracic Surgeons). Our team works together to offer personalized care for our patients.
The Chest Centre Sleep Lab is for sleep disordered breathing. An example is sleep apnea.
Our Time to Treat program is for urgent assessments of suspected lung cancer.
The Minor Procedure Suite is for minor surgery for lung diseases affecting the chest wall and fluid collections between the lung and chest wall.
- Breathing tests (pulmonary function tests [PFTs]).
- Bronchoscopy camera testing.
- Cardiopulmonary exercise testing (CPET).
- Chest imaging (chest x-rays, CT scans, and ultrasounds)
- Exercise challenge testing.
- Home oxygen assessment.
- Lung biopsy.
- Methacholine challenge test.
- Sleep studies.
Some appointments may be virtual (through telephone or video). Click here if you have a virtual appointment with The Chest Centre.
If you are scheduled for an in-person appointment, please:
- Come to the Chest Centre 30 minutes before your appointment.
- Bring these items with you:
- Your health card.
- A list of medications you are taking.
- Your puffers.
- Register in the Admitting Department when you come to the hospital for your appointment. The Admitting Department is on the first floor in the G wing, room G103.
- Check in at the Chest Centre after you have registered at the Admitting Department. The Chest Centre is on the G wing, 2nd floor (G2).
- Have someone available by phone or bring an interpreter if you need language translation.
Different appointment types take different amounts of time:
- Clinic appointment: Plan for 2 hours.
- Breathing test: Plan for 1 hour.
- Chest x-ray or CT scan: Plan for 1 hour.
- Bloodwork testing: Plan for 1 hour.
- Methacholine or exercise test: Plan for 1.5 hours.
- Bronchoscopy: Plan for 4 hours.
- CT-guided lung biopsy: Plan for 6 hours.
If you need to cancel or change an appointment, please let us know 48 hours before your appointment time. We will not reschedule missed sleep studies that were previously confirmed.
While we try to stay on schedule, your appointment time may be delayed if the clinic is very busy.