Become a Patient Experience Partner at Michael Garron Hospital
Patient Experience Partners share their own thoughts and ideas to represent the voices of patients and families. This point of view helps us improve programs, education, and the way we deliver care.
Patient Experience Partners get involved based on their interests, experience, and availability. Time commitment varies depending on interest and availability. Parking passes or TTC tokens are provided.
Here are some of the ways partners can get involved at MGH:
- Joining hospital councils and committees.
- Being a part of a focus group.
- Taking part in hiring interviews for new staff.
- Creating patient and family education material.
- Sitting on Patient Experience Panels.
Succesful Patient Experience Partners
- Are excited about improving the healthcare experience for patients and families.
- Want to share their ideas and experiences to help improve programs, services, and hospital priorities.
- Are good listeners and can communicate well with others.
- Are respectful of other people's thoughts and ideas.
- Can openly share their thoughts and ideas in a group setting.
- Are open to hearing about other people’s thoughts, ideas, and experiences.
- Can promote the mission and values of MGH when engaging with staff, physicians, volunteers, and the community.
- Can make the needed time commitment.
- Are able to read, write, and speak English. This skill level will depend on your role. In some situations, communicating with the help of a family member or caregiver is ok.
- Have received care at MGH in the last 3 years (or have a family member that has received care in the last 3 years).
If you are interested in becoming a Patient Experience Partner at MGH, or if you would like to learn more about the role, please contact us: