There has been a significant increase in demand for COVID-19 testing at our Assessment Centre. This may result in longer than usual wait times and line-ups. We apologize for this inconvenience and are working to improve access to testing to meet current demand. Please click here for more information about our Assessment Centre.
Spiritual & Religious Care
Hospitalization can be a stressful time for patients, families and friends. The Department of Spiritual & Religious Care at Michael Garron Hospital has trained professionals who can provide support. Our staff are affiliated with the Canadian Association for Spiritual Care (CASC), as well as the College of Registered Psychotherapists of Ontario (CRPO). We are dedicated to improving the quality of life for people experiencing spiritual, moral and/or existential distress due to changes in health and life circumstances.
Spiritual Care Professionals can help in many ways, including when patients:
- struggle with the meaning of their illness
- have concerns with spiritual themes
- wrestle with difficult treatment options
- require a religious ritual specific to their tradition
- express anxiety or fear
- receive bad news
- are away from home and would like support
- are anticipating surgery
- would like someone to pray with them
- are experiencing loss and grief
Spiritual Care Professionals are available onsite from 8:30 a.m.-4:30 p.m., Monday to Friday, as well as 12-4 p.m. on Saturday and Sunday. Patients and families can arrange a visit through a member of their healthcare team.
Sacramental ministry for Roman Catholic patients is provided by the Roman Catholic Archdiocese of Toronto.
Please join us:
- Mid-Week Ecumenical Service | Wednesdays at 11 a.m. | Garden Room, G-wing, 5th floor
- Roman Catholic Mass | Thursdays at 12:30 p.m. | Garden Room, G-wing, 5th floor
- Muslim Service – Salaht-ul Jum’a | Fridays at 1:30 p.m. | Interfaith Room, G-wing, 2nd floor