There has been a significant increase in demand for COVID-19 testing at our Assessment Centre. This may result in longer than usual wait times and line-ups. We apologize for this inconvenience and are working to improve access to testing to meet current demand. Please click here for more information about our Assessment Centre.
Aboriginal Healing Program
The Aboriginal Healing Program is a highly structured Accredited Leading Practice Aboriginal Program that has been accredited by Accreditation Canada. Teachings are delivered in a P.R.O.I. method by blending Aboriginal Teachings and Western Information.
The program provides continuous intake process and does not believe in a waiting list or a time limits on a person’s healing journey for those that are either considering or are ready to begin their healing path.
Community members receive various certificates on their healing journey:
- A Completion certificate is provided at determination of the Elder. Once a completion certificate has been provided community members become Alumni of the program for life.
- A Graduation certificate is provided one year after the date of completion and remaining on their healing journey.
- A Maintenance certificate is provided one year after the date of graduation and remaining on their healing journey. The next certificate is their 5 year and 10 year anniversaries.
Community Member Contributions
- Mural on Palliative Care Unit
- The 'Healing Room' in Pediatrics
- Blessing of the Ground Before Construction
- Opening of the The Bear’s Den All Nations Traditional Medicine Sweat Lodge
- Healing Ceremony on Construction Site
- Painting & Raising of the Unity Beam on New Patient Care Tower