There has been a significant increase in demand for COVID-19 testing at our Assessment Centre. This may result in longer than usual wait times and line-ups. We apologize for this inconvenience and are working to improve access to testing to meet current demand. Please click here for more information about our Assessment Centre.
Together with community stakeholders, we are committed to meeting the changing needs of the diverse populations we serve. Our highly valued community, clinical, research and academic partnerships continue to help us identify opportunities to enhance our programs and services, increase access to care, and improve patient and family experiences.
Ongoing partnerships include:
- East Toronto Health Partners (ETHP): Michael Garron Hospital is a member of the ETHP, a network of East Toronto organizations committed to delivering a comprehensive basket of health and social services, including primary to acute care, food security to supportive housing, home-based healthcare and community support services, birth to end-of-life care, and settlement to employment.
- Community Advisory Council (CAC): An advisory body that meets several times annually to help identify service needs in the community and to serve as a communication link between the hospital and community.
- Patient Experience Partners (PEP): This program ensures the voices of patients and families are heard, considered, and included at various points across the organization, to continuously improve programs, education, and the design of the care environment in the hospital.
- Solutions - East Toronto's Health Collaborative: MGH is one of 20 partners in this voluntary network of health service providers working together to create a coherent and coordinated system of care and support for the people of East Toronto.
- Joint Centres for Transformative Healthcare Innovation:The Joint Centres is a partnership between seven large community hospitals focused on collaboration and sharing to improve quality, safety and performance in health care.
- Teaching Partnerships: MGH is recognized as an outstanding teaching organization committed to providing an exceptional educational experience to our learners. We are a major community partner of the University of Toronto educating the next generation of physicians, nurses and other healthcare professionals.
- Kids Health Alliance: MGH's Emergency Department serves nearly 80,000 people per year, with one fifth of patients being children. We have partnered with SickKids and now KHA for more than a decade to provide East Toronto children with the best and most current paediatric practices care closer to home.
- Mobile Crisis Intervention Team (MCIT): This is a collaborative partnership between Michael Garron Hospital and Toronto Police Service. The program partners a mental health nurse from MGH and a specially trained police officer to respond to situations involving individuals experiencing a mental health crisis.
- Construction Liaison Committee (CLC): Neighbours, patients and community partners along with local City staff and Toronto District School Board representatives attend quarterly meetings to receive redevelopment updates on project timelines, construction and potential impacts to the hospital and surrounding neighbourhood.
- Baby-Friendly Initiative (BFI) for Ontario: The BFI Strategy for Ontario is one area of investment by the Ministry of Health and Long-Term Care to enhance breastfeeding in Ontario. The BFI Strategy for Ontario provides health organizations with training, tools, guidance, and educational resources to implement evidence-based best practices, and help achieve World Health Organization’s BFI designation.
Pumps for Preemies Program for Ontario: In 2017 the Ministry of Health and Long-Term Care announced annual funding in Ontario to improve access to breast pumps for mothers of premature babies born at less than 34 weeks gestation age. MGH is leading this program with shared partnership support from the Provincial Council for Maternal and Child Health and the Baby-Friendly Initiative Strategy for Ontario (BFI).