Portions of the pedestrian sidewalk and roadway on the east side of Coxwell Avenue will be closed December 9 - 24 (approx.) due to City of Toronto work within the area. Pedestrians and vehicular traffic are asked to please follow onsite safety signage.
Patient Rights & Our Responsibilities
At Michael Garron Hospital (MGH), patients, family members, friends, staff, physicians, volunteers and learners are committed to working together to ensure care is safe, appropriate, patient-centred and consistent with our values of excellence, kindness and respect.
Patients, family members, friends, staff, physicians, volunteers and learners will:
- Provide and receive fair and compassionate treatment regardless of religion, ethnic origin, age, sex, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation or disability
- Welcome family and friends to be involved in care, as desired by the patient
- Communicate clearly, openly and honestly
- Share information that will assist in making informed care and treatment decisions
- Listen to and value each other’s viewpoints and choices
- Respect each other’s privacy
- Create a safe place to have difficult conversations and to share successes and opportunities
- Work together to provide a safe environment
- Work together to continuously improve clinical programs, education, and the design of the care environment