COVID-19 vaccines are not available to the general public at this time, as per Phase One of the Ontario Government’s Vaccination Implementation Plan. Click here for information on COVID-19 vaccine administration for target populations.
Patient Rights & Our Responsibilities
At Michael Garron Hospital / Toronto East Health Network, patients, family members, friends, staff, physicians, volunteers, and learners are committed to working together. When we work together, care is safe, appropriate, patient-centred, and in line with our values.
Patients, family members, friends, staff, physicians, volunteers, and learners will:
- Give and receive fair and compassionate treatment regardless of religion, ethnic origin, age, sex, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, or ability.
- Commit to respecting traditional healing practices, ceremonies, and medicines as part of a community member’s healing journey.
- Welcome family and friends to be a part of care, as wanted by the patient.
- Communicate in a way that is clear, open, and honest.
- Share information that will help make informed care and treatment decisions.
- Listen to and respect each other’s ideas and choices.
- Respect each other’s privacy.
- Create a safe place to talk about what went well and what can be improved.
- Work together to build a safe environment.
- Work together to makes things better.
We’re here to support you. If you have feedback or a concern, please contact the unit manager or Patient Relations: