The influenza (flu) vaccine is the best way to protect yourself and your loved ones from the flu and its potentially serious complications. Health Canada recommends everyone more than six months old get the flu vaccine every year.
Getting the flu vaccine is especially important during the COVID-19 pandemic because it reduces the possibility of contracting both influenza and COVID-19 at the same time, which may cause severe disease.
In addition, the National Advisory Committee on Immunization (NACI) says it is safe to get the flu vaccine and the COVID-19 vaccine at the same time or around the same time.
Here is where you can get the flu vaccine in East Toronto for the 2021-22 fall and winter season.
Eglinton Square Shopping Centre
- Eligibility: 5 years of age and older
- Location: 1 Eglinton Square, Toronto, ON M1L 2K1
Enter the mall through the northeast entrance between TD Bank and Metro. The clinic is located inside between Creative Concepts and Katie.
November 24-30: Open every day except Sunday from 10:15 a.m. to 6 p.m. Registration ends at 5:45 p.m. – please arrive before this time to ensure you receive a vaccine.
December 1-24, 26-31 (Closed on December 25): Open Monday to Saturday from 10:15 a.m. to 6 p.m. and Sunday from 11:15 a.m. to 6 p.m. Registration ends at 5:45 p.m. – please arrive before this time to ensure you receive a vaccine.
- Walk-ins only.
- Health card not needed. Healthcare staff are available to answer your questions about the flu vaccine and COVID-19 vaccine.
- Please note, at this time, there are limited numbers of high-dose and adjuvanted flu vaccines available for individuals 65 years of age and older. If high-dose and adjuvanted flu vaccines are not available, standard-dose and unadjuvanted flu vaccines can safely be administered to this population.
- Children between 6 months and 4 years of age should get their flu vaccine from their family doctor or paediatrician.
Family doctors and participating pharmacies
- Please contact your family doctor or local pharmacy to confirm if they have flu vaccines available.
- Toronto Public Health (TPH) is operating flu vaccine clinics by appointment.
Additional locations offering the flu vaccine in East Toronto will be added to this list when they are confirmed.