Since January, Michael Garron Hospital (MGH) has been actively monitoring the COVID-19 situation and its spread across the globe, Canada and now locally. The resources on this page are intended to keep you informed and help you feel supported during this evolving situation.
COVID-19: what it is and what you need to know.
- World Health Organization (WHO) Coronavirus Overview, Prevention and Symptoms
- MGH infectious diseases physician answers questions about coronavirus (COVID-19)
- How long can the virus that causes COVID-19 live on surfaces?
- World Health Organization (WHO) Coronavirus (COVID-19) Myth Busters
There are a variety of resources available to you if you are concerned you have COVID-19.
COVID-19 Situation Reports
Stay informed about the COVID-19 situation around the world, in Canada and locally in Ontario and Toronto.
- Toronto: City of Toronto COVID-19 Situation
- Ontario: Government of Ontario COVID-19 website
- Canada: Public Health Agency of Canada outbreak update, symptoms and treatment and travel advice
- Global: World Health Organization (WHO) Coronavirus disease (COVID-2019) situation reports
Public Health Tips
Learn how to protect yourself and others to help flatten the curve.
- World Health Organization (WHO) Coronavirus disease (COVID-19) advice for the public
- Centers for Disease Control (CDC) steps for preventing the spread of COVID-19
- Follow-up Instructions for Individuals Tested for COVID-19
- COVID-19: How to Self-Isolate (Toronto Public Health)
- Public Health Ontario self-isolation advice
- Johns Hopkins University Coronavirus Resource Centre
Wellness Resources and Support Services
The below resources are available to support you and help you cope during this challenging time.