COVID-19 vaccines are not available to the general public at this time, as per Phase One of the Ontario Government’s Vaccination Implementation Plan. Click here for information on COVID-19 vaccine administration for target populations.
COVID-19 Service Changes
Last updated: December 17, 2020
In March 2020, Ontario hospitals including Michael Garron Hospital were asked to ramp down elective surgeries and other non-emergency clinical activities due to the COVID-19 pandemic. We carefully resumed many of the postponed and cancelled services and are continuing to monitor the COVID-19 situation daily to ensure we are balancing the needs of our patients with public health measures.
The health and safety of our patients and community is our top priority. Please check this page regularly for service updates including surgery cancellations.
Effective June 8, 2020 the following services are cancelled or changed:
Respirology continues to operate virtually. Pulmonary Function Testing is operating with limited service only.
Paediatrics & Family Birthing Centre CHANGES & Cancellations
- Breastfeeding Clinic: The Breastfeeding Clinic is offering breastfeeding consultations over the phone and on Ontario Telemedicine Network (OTN). Those who require an in person visit will be booked after a telephone or OTN consultation. To request a consultation, please call the clinic at 416-461-8272 ext. 6667 and leave a message with your first and last name and your phone number.
- Paediatric Consulting Clinic: Some appointments are proceeding virtually.
- Complex Child & Teen: Some appointments are proceeding virtually.
- Neontatal Follow Up: Some appointments are proceeding virtually.
- Teen Gynaecology: Some appointments are proceeding virtually.
Appointments are proceeding virtually for the pre-operative clinic.
Appointments are continuing for paediatric cardiology, urgent paediatric follow up, ROP clinic and RSV. Your healthcare provider will be in touch to confirm.
For a list of paediatrics services available in East Toronto during COVID-19 click here.
ADDICTION & WITHDRAWAL MANAGEMENT SERVICES changes
The following programs are currently unavailable at MGH. We are working on updating these services to better serve the needs of our clients and communities and look forward to relaunching them soon.
- Day Withdrawal Program
- Case Management
- Community Withdrawal Services
- Short Term Continuing Care
Due to the continuously evolving pandemic, MGH’s surgical team will assess all scheduled procedures daily to determine if they can proceed as planned. All procedures are assessed based on severity and time sensitivity. If your surgery is cancelled or needs to be rescheduled, you will be contacted by your surgeon’s office or the hospital.
If you have questions about an upcoming surgery or if it will be rescheduled, please reach out to your surgeon’s office directly.
Currently cancelled surgical services include:
- Gynaecology Outpatient Clinic
Attempts will be made to contact patients to re-schedule your appointment as soon as possible.