COVID-19 Service Changes
Last updated: May 31, 2021
On April 8, 2021, Ontario hospitals including Michael Garron Hospital (MGH) were directed to ramp down elective surgeries and other non-emergent/non-urgent clinical activities due to the COVID-19 pandemic. This ramp down came into effect on Monday, April 12.
MGH is gradually resuming cancelled services in accordance with provincial guidelines. Please check this page regularly as updates will be made frequently.
THE FOLLOWING SERVICES ARE CANCELLED OR CHANGED:
- Reduction of non-urgent Diagnostic Imaging services
- Walk-in X-ray services are not available
- Sleep Lab is cancelled until further notice
Mental Health and Substance Use:
In accordance with provincial guidelines, non-urgent services in the Mental Health and Substance Use Program are temporarily suspended due to COVID-19.
Cancelled services include:
- Day Treatment (Psychoeducational Group, individual therapy and monthly outings)
- Aftercare (Education, social/recreational activities, life skills, prevocational evaluation and counseling)
PEDIATRICS & FAMILY BIRTHING CENTRE:
- Some of our outpatient clinics have been moved to virtual visits or have been postponed. In-person clinic visits are taking place for pediatric ophthalmology, bloodwork, cardiology, general pediatrics and urgent care clinics.
- Our Special Care Nursery and inpatient pediatrics unit are open.
- All prenatal and postnatal classes are taking place virtually.
In accordance with provincial guidelines, MGH is gradually resuming non-urgent and elective surgeries. You will be contacted by your surgeon’s office with the details of your rescheduled surgery.
Attempts will be made to contact patients to re-schedule your appointment as soon as possible.